Quilters Dream 80/20 is the newest Dream Batting, which debuted at Spring Quilt Market 2016. It is made with 80% high-grade long-staple USA cotton fiber blended with 20% fine denier poly microfiber for a soft, silky batting that drapes beautifully and breathes well. The long-staple cotton fiber reduces shrinkage and adds stability so that the stitches can be up to 8” apart. The poly microfibers add a loft and resistance to creases/wrinkles. There are no scrims, glues, or other binders to resist the needle, so this fine batting can be hand or machine quilted with ease.
- Some shrinkage (1-3%) for the slightly puckered look
- Available in white, natural, and “Dream Pink” to support late stage breast cancer research
- Can be stitched up to 8" apart!
- Soft and silky, with an excellent drape that hugs and flows
- Excellent for both hand and machine quilting
- Wicks moisture away from the body to keep you cool in the summer
- Breathable – there are no scims or other barriers that would inhibit airflow
- Fine denier fibers bend when in contact with fabric, so they resist bearding
- Slight Shrinkage (1-3%) after washing in cool
- Can hold a very slight crease over time (can be fluffed out in the dryer, though!)
- Not a 100% natural product (some manmade fibers)
- Not recommended for tied quilts
All Quilters Dream battings are proudly made in the USA, and each batting is hand-cut and hand-inspected to ensure superb quality is consistency. Quilters Dream does not sell to big-box chain stores and always encourages customers to support their locally owned quilt shop or quilting business!