The first time I tried to improve a Christmas stocking it was a disaster. The shapes and curves can really go wonky without a pattern.
Make your family and loved ones each a Christmas Stocking they will love and cherish. There are endless possibilities for this pattern. The pattern is written for adding a contrast fabric to the top exterior of the stocking. See the end of the pattern for alternatives.
THE QUILTED VERSION:
For the quilted version, I used this Jittery Wings Tutorial to on 8 at a Time Half Square Triangles to make 2" finished HST. Click here to learn more.
Approximately 12.5” wide and 21” long.
Material Requirements for One Stocking
- Bottom portion exterior fabric: ½ yard
- Top portion exterior contract fabric: Fat Quarter or the scraps of the lining fabric
- Lining fabric and Hanger: ¾ yard
- Pellon Fus Termolam Plus TP971F: ¾ yard (You can use a basic quilt batting also)
- If you would like to sew some sort of ribbon into the seam of your stocking you need ½ yard.