Quilting + Camp = S’more Stitches! Quilt camp is for all levels of quilters looking for time away to finish projects, creative community, and inspiration. This is a BYOP (bring your own project) retreat where the sewing room is open all day and night for those UFOs (unfinished objects) or that big quilt you’ve been wanting to tackle. We will enjoy a Quilted Verse Devotion each morning lead by Deacon Mitzie Schafer, an avid quilter, pattern designer, deacon, and teacher. In addition to a “quilt till you wilt” open schedule, we will also share in two show-n-tell evenings and a campfire our last night together.
Lutheridge is a 70+ year old summer camp and conference center located in Blue Ridge Mountains of Arden, NC, just 5 minutes from the Asheville, NC airport. The beautiful 160 acre camp property will help the distractions of the world fall away. Relax in a rocking chair on the porch, take a hike on trails around camp or sit at your sewing machine the entire time.
Upcoming Quilt Camps @Lutheridge
- Spring Quilt Camp: April 15 – 18, 2021
- Fall Quilt Camp: October 14 – 17, 2021
- $297 Double
- $357 Single
- $237 Commuter
- $35 Wednesday early arrival (no meals)
What to Expect at Quilt Camp
– Focus: Quilting, fellowship (distance style) and faith intentionally stitched together.
– BYOP (Bring your own project): Knock out those UFOs, upcoming holiday gifts or something new you just want to make for yourself.
– Talent: There will be a wealth of skill levels and talent. Expect to learn from each other and to support each other…it’s what we quilters do. In addition, Mitzie will be available to everyone, as needed/requested to help you with any project.
– Retreat: Make it your own. If you want or need to go on a walk, workout in the exercise room, sit and reflect, or keep your head down at your sewing machine the entire time, you may. No judgements. Make it your retreat. Set your own goals.
– A Three-Sided Sewing Room: When you arrive, you may choose between three sewing areas in the room. Sew Social (open to chatting while sewing) or Sew Focused (too much to do to be chatty) or Sew Whichever (you are up for whatever conversation happens).
– Quilted Verse: Morning Scripture and devotions to center your day. Lead by Deacon and quilter Mitzie Schafer
– Show and Tell: The first night Show and Tell will be something from home you completed previously. Our second night show and tell will be items/projects worked on during the retreat.
– Casual Dress: The crisp air of spring and fall mean packing layers.
– Wonderful Food: Provided by our talented food service staff. If you have allergies or special dietary needs, please let us know. Bring snack and drinks FOR YOURSELF throughout the day.
– Non-sewing Packing: Pack your own hairdryer. Rooms are TV and distraction free. Linens and towels are provided.
Quilt Camp Safety Measures During Covid
- All guests and staff are required to wear a mask inside and maintain social distances of 6 feet. (Our sewing tables will be a minimum of 8 feet apart.) Each quilter please bring your own iron and pressboard if at all possible. This will minimize our shared spaces. You can make a small press board pretty easily. Please bring your own cutting board as well. I know this is more to carry, but it will help keep down on exposure to each other. We can have someone there to help you unload.
- We will eat meals at their sewing tables, or outside on the porch/patio. Same amazing food though!
- We will remain at our sewing tables for morning devotions and reflections called Quilted Verse lead by Mitzie.
- Show and Tell will be done from our sewing tables each night.